Test Your Hearing Now!
Test your hearing today, it only takes 3 minutes!
It is estimated that around 10 million or 1 in 6 people in the UK experience some form of hearing loss, this can have an impact on many aspects of a person’s daily life from home life to social situations and even within the workplace. There are many factors that can account for hearing loss; these include age, prolonged exposure to loud noise, genetics or quite commonly a blockage of wax.
The majority of people gradually lose their hearing as they age; this is known as ‘age-related hearing loss’ and is caused by general wear and tear of the cochlea (Organ of hearing), which happens naturally over time. This type of hearing loss is the most common type and affects more than half of all people over the age of 70. As this type of hearing loss happens so gradually, it can often go un-noticed and it is often family, friends or loved ones that notice first.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- The perception of other people mumbling or not speaking clearly.
- Difficulty in understanding or following conversation when there is any type of background noise.
- Feeling that the TV isn’t clear and turning the volume up or using subtitles.
- Difficulty hearing on the telephone.
- Often asking others to repeat themselves.
If you feel that you may be experiencing any of the above symptoms, the first step to finding a solution is to have an in-depth hearing assessment.
Call 01524 587623 to book your free consultation.